Wednesday, January 27, 2016


Submitted scene from week 2 of 3DF


The candle holder is my favorite piece, i think i did extremely well on it, lot of extrudes involved. All smooth and pretty. Probably 5 hours work or so.


The magnifying glass is a close second for quality in my opinin. At first I tried to make the bit where the lens frame connects to the handle a seperate piece, but I realized doing extrusion and putting in some artificial curves worked a LOT better.  I'd say about 6 hours with the wasted effort at a separate mount for the lens frame.

As you can see the gear on the left has a lot of hanging verts, the whole thing is just kind of ugly, face centers visible, hanging verts, weird edges, but at least the topology is even? I guess? anyways, 3 hours or so. PROBABLY should have taken the time to completely re-model though.

No comments:

Post a Comment